MT. ZION HIGH SCHOOLS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
March 21, 2019
On Thursday, April 11 the Mt. Zion HS Baseball Team will be playing at Busch Stadium after the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers game. Students interested in attending this field trip can purchase tickets from players or Mr. Mose in the HS office.
The bracket for March Madness has been released, and Mount Zion’s African American Experience is holding a competition to see who can make the best bracket! The top several winners will get to choose between gift cards donated by local shops and restaurants. To enter, download the ESPN Tournament Challenge app, go to Mr. Hansen’s classroom, pay the $2 entry fee that will go toward paying for our project, and give him your name to mark that you have paid. Then he will give you the name of our competition and the password to enter it. Please do not share the password with your friends; only people that have been marked as having paid will be allowed to win any prizes! You must turn your money in and submit your bracket before the 1st March Madness game on Thursday morning. Thanks in advance for your support, and good luck!
Attention Juniors, Financial Aid Night will be on Wednesday, March 27th at 6 pm. It is highly encouraged that you attend this event with your families. Email Ms. Kieffer to RSVP and refer to her if you have any questions.
Information is now available for the 2019 Young Artists Scholarship Competition sponsored by The Chorale. The competition is open to any central Illinois area high school senior who will graduate in the Spring of 2019 and will enroll in college or university in the Fall of 2019 to continue musical studies. Seniors, check your student email for additional information on how to apply. The deadline is coming up April 15th.
Attention Seniors: Jostens will be here today during lunch to hand out Graduation orders.
Seniors! Information is now available for the George McKibben Memorial Scholarship Award: The scholarship is available to high school seniors and /or undergraduate students pursuing agricultural degree programs who exhibit a demonstrable level of leadership, academic achievement, and commitment to soil and water conservation. For more information, or to apply, please check your student email.
Seniors~ April 9th will be a school wide testing day for 7-11th grades. Seniors will be exempt from attending school on that day as long as you participate in one of the following activities:
- Heartland Tech Academy students attend Tech only that day. If you take the bus to Tech, please arrive to school at your bus arrival time.
- Richland Transfer Academy students and other students that take classes on RCC's campus only need to attend RCC classes that day.
- Work program students that have early release are to make plans to have a job shadow form completed with your employer. You may work your usual duties or you may job shadow other duties/positions at your place of employment or another place of employment. Job shadow forms can be picked up in the office & needs to be returned by April 1st.
- Seniors with a Focus Period will be attending a field trip with Mrs. Key, Mrs. McQuality, or Mr. Hansen based on Focus Period activities you have been completing. Those teachers will share the particular details with you.
- Job shadowing is an option for any senior student on April 9th as long as you complete the form, submit by April 1st, and it gets confirmed through the office.
Congratulations to Rachel Gruen for being named Senior of the Month for March!
Activities during High School:
Principal’s Leadership Council: 9th-12th
Fellowship of Christian Students: 9th-12th
SADD 9th-12th (Board Member)
INSPIRE: 12th (President)
NHS: 10th-12th (Secretary)
Redefine: 11th-12th (Board Member)
Key Club: 11th-12th (Secretary)
Student Council: 11th-12th
Spanish Club: 11th
Honors during High School:
Apollo Conference All-Academic Team: 12th
Illinois State Scholar: 12th
Outstanding Scholastic Achievement: 9th-11th
Outstanding AP Physics Award: 11th
PBK Young Scholar Award: 11th
Girls State Representative: 11th
HOBY Representative: 10th
College/University Attending after Graduation: Indiana State University
Major: Nursing -- Minor: Spanish
Activity Period March 27
Drama Club - all members - 218
Medics-Downs-rm 212-(blood drive)
ALL SENIORS (auditorium)